Search My Blog

Saturday 23 July 2016

Contacts

In these holidays, I have contacted Weta twice by phone. The first time I asked the reception lady if she could refer me to Lindsey. A week later I rang again as I still hadn't heard anything. The reception lady said she would remind her. A couple of days later, I got an email from Lindsey. This is what it said:

Hi Isis,

This is Lindsey, I heard you contacted reception here at Weta to ask some questions about my artwork. I'm happy to answer them through email easily - hopefully I can get back to you in a reasonable time dependent on how busy we are here!

Cheers, 
Lindsey.

I can see that there's been a slight miscommunication because I wasn't asking about her artwork, I was asking for some help and tips. I emailed her back saying:

Hi Lindsey,

Thanks for getting back to me. I'm doing a school project where I am trying to make a prosthetic makeup like they do on the T.V show Face Off. I am trying to find out how to do the first part, the sculpting. Could you please advise me what I would need and do you have any idea where I could get it in Christchurch? Then once i've done the sculpt, do you know anyone who could tell me how to make it into a prosthetic?

Thanks so much for your help, it's really difficult to know who to ask how to do this.
Isis.

I still haven't got a reply, so I'm also going to contact a place in Auckland called BodyFX. 

No comments:

Post a Comment